I’ve been doing a lot of heavy stuff lately. Decided I’d lighten it up a bit today.
So, in no particular order, a list of things I’m good at, followed by a list of things I’m bad at.
- Pattern recognition
- Martial arts
- Writing (
I thinkonce I’ve figured out what to write)
- Reading scientific papers properly (yes, this is its own thing that takes practice. Not all papers and studies are created equal, and learning how to evaluate them takes experience)
- Creating organization systems that are fairly user-friendly.
- Cataloging stuff (I, rather stereotypically, enjoy cataloging information… which gives me an idea for a post at a later date on the difference between short-term and long-term organization and how it’s possible to be good at one but bad at the other)
- Being creatively clumsy
Stuff I’m bad at:
- Cursive (I think it’s pronounced curse-ive for a reason)
- Picking up new physical skills
- Drawing without a reference to look at (it’s weird: I could draw a cell in almost photorealistic detail as I looked at it through a microscope in bio lab, but a cartoon person looks like a fifth-grader did it)
- Keeping on top of household chores.
- Remembering to run errands
- Managing to not injure myself in the most ridiculous ways